Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rest day in Rotorua

Today was officially a rest day in Rotorua - which doesn't mean I have to actually, you know, rest, just that I don't do any cycling. So I went whitewater rafting.


I had a real blast. The time on the water was less than an hour, but we went through two waterfalls - one, at about 7 meters high, is the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world - and a bunch of rapids. Going over the larger waterfall, the raft flipped - we were warned it was a possibility - and so we spent the next few minutes getting everyone back aboard.

More photos here. As you can see, I was wearing my GoPro camera on my helmet, and I've edited together a few of the first-person-highlights, but internet access here at the hostel is pretty pricey, so I won't be able to upload it for a day or two.

I also went on the luge, which, to be honest, was a bit of an anticlimax. I kept thinking that the tracks would be a whole lot more fun on my trike.

No comments:

Post a Comment